As teeth are one of the first things we notice about a person, it's worth looking after your smile. Visiting a good dentist and dental practice is the ideal way to ensure that your mouth and teeth stay healthy and attractive. Dentistry unit started functioning in 2000 at HMC and upgraded to a teaching unit in 2011 as department of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery of Khyber Girls Medical College Peshawar. Recently we have 8 dental units and 20 beds ward of oral and maxillofacial surgery. At our department you'll be greeted by qualified dentists, Specialists and state-of-the-art technology, carefully selected to offer you the very best dental care. Our Commitment To provide the highest standard of treatment with a professional, caring and team approach for all our patients.
- Comprehensive management of oral and head and neck pathology, including tumors and malignancies.
- Reconstructive Maxillofacial procedures following tumor treatment.
- Management of complex facial and head and neck traumatic injuries.
- Surgical management of head and neck nerve injuries.
- Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of dentofacial and craniofacial developmental and acquired deformities with orthognathic surgery.
- Multidisciplinary approach to dental implant placement.
- Aesthetic (cosmetic) facial surgery.
- Temporomandibular joint evaluation, diagnosis, and management.
- Routine and advanced dentoalveolar surgery.
- Removal of wisdom teeth.
- Outpatient general anesthesia.
- Endodontic and restorative treatment including fillings and RCT etc.
- Periodontal treatment including scalling, root planning, and gingivectomy etc.
- Prosthodontic treatment including fixed and removable prosthesis of various kinds.
Uncompromising choice of quality dental materials, equipments & conditions of asepsis.
Constant up-gradation of useful knowledge that is reflected in day-to-day treatment, planning & execution.
An ethical & need based approach to patient treatment.
DENTAL: RESEARCH & ACADEMICS
Department follows a structured training programmed for Undergraduates and Postgraduates. Regular teaching sessions per week.
- Short Cases discussion in OPD
- Surgical Skills laming in Operation Theatre
- Teaching rounds
- Long Case presentation
- Journal Club
- Interactive lecture
- Topic Presentation
- Hospital CPC
- Joint Cancer Clinic with IRNUM once a month
- CPC Surgical and Allied twice a month